Sunday, August 22, 2004

vorab pign thing

amazed myself by getting up when i needed to in order to make it up my favourite mountain for the day. (very early for a sunday morning, vorab pign). i slept most of the train trip through chur to ilanz, stocked up on suncream and water, and began my assault. up past the fabulous little villiage of ruschein (they speak romansch!), further up through awesome forest, and then up into the alpine pastures. whoever named the minor peaks on this ridge must have been having a bad day, since i went past 'tegia crap', 'crap masgen' and 'crap ner'. or maybe it's a romansch thing. i was accosted by a herd of adventerous, friendly and very cute cows, but managed to escape without anything being eaten. i was feeling pretty good, and so was running a few of the flatter bits, which was especially fun when i overtook some mountain bikers :). the last bit up to the top of vorab pign was actually quite exciting, and i decided against going for the 3000er vorab, since it looked much more so. coming back down was fantastic. great views back down towards the rhein valley, and across westward to some very funky looking glaciated peaks... it was firetrail most of the way though, so i had to run to keep myself entertained. this made me rather tired by the time i was back in ilanz, and i think people were looking at me like they weren't sure if they should be worried about or scared of me :). at least i made the train which got me back to zurich before dusk (kind of handy, since i'd forgotten my bike light for the ride back home to hongg). there are some pictures here, most of which are of cows.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home